Jogging Journal: Day 2

5:15 A.M. on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 – I get out of bed and my legs already feel like jello from the jogging I did the day before. The strong winds roaring outside are enough to let me know I was going to have to wear even more layers than I had anticipated.

It hadn’t even been 5 minutes yet and here I was struggling against my rheumatoid arthritis. I guess it decided it was time to rear its ugly head again. My fingers refused to cooperate as I fumbled with my clothes for at least 10 minutes to finally get fully dressed. Tying my shoes was a total nightmare!

I did a few stretches before my body made it known the only other exercising I’d be doing this morning was walking. My limbs should have loosened up the moment I walked one block, but they didn’t. They just progressively became stiffer. I could turn back and go home, but I didn’t want to. I needed to at least try to go a few more blocks and then maybe I would be okay with the distance I had already walked.

I passed the first of two gas stations with overwhelming soreness in my hips and knees. It wasn’t just my rheumatoid arthritis giving me grief. My fibromyalgia decided to join in and make the rest of my journey home an uncomfortable one.

The wind was extremely strong and frigid. One would have thought it’d be enough to make anyone want to stay inside. Not me! I was determined to complete one mile today. And that’s exactly what I did.

And what’s even better, is that during me trying to keep my mind off the throbbing pain radiating off each major joint on my body, I came up with an idea for a new book! Who would have thought that my brain could concoct a concept for my next novel and give me titles for at least 11 chapters?

That gave me more of a reason to walk as fast as I possibly could, so I could jump on my laptop and write every, little single detail down before it slips away from me.

No matter what motivation I had for today, it turned out to not be such a bad morning after all.

Till tomorrow!